Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-21-2014, 08:22 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Activist

i havnt had any issues with my lion or other fish with aggression other then my yellow eye kole tang. which i got rid of. he tried to kill my wrasse and lionfish. i ended up with a one spot foxface for now as ill be upgrading to a 75 in the somewhat near future. they are the smallest of them and ive heard and read that there monsters with eating algae. i do have a skimmer in there its the remora C pro. the only issue i have with it is that its shooting a TON of micro bubbles into the water. any suggestions on this? i also added in another 8 pounds of live rock and created another cave. the foxface seems happy but hides whenever i come in or am trying to see him. im sure he'll lighten up as he gets used to the tank.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:52 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sometime it takes a few days to get the Skimmer to stop shooting micro bubbles into the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 08-22-2014, 12:29 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Activist

yeah. ill give it a few more days to fix itself. this isnt a new skimmer though but i did clean it so i guess it has to redo itself?
Old 08-22-2014, 09:10 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Feed the fox a bit of nori 2-3x a week it helps The more places you have to hide the better the fish will feel. They like the idea of a cave next to them rather than 4 feet away lol
Sounds like the skimmer needs to break in again

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:53 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Activist

thanks. i have 2 nice sized caves he likes to run inside and hide in when i come. and when he thinks im not looking pokes out and grazes on the algae. and alright. how long should i wait for the skimmer to break in before i start worrying about it shooting all those bubbles in the tank?
Old 08-23-2014, 04:37 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Activist

well it was feeding day today as my lion wouldnt go for frozen yet i bought some ghost shrimp. only got 6 and found out the darn maroon fed all of them to the nem....so i had to go back out and get 2 dozen more and i saw the lion take a couple of them so at least i know he's eaten at least some of them lol....darn that maroon and its nem...
Old 08-24-2014, 12:12 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yea, get the lion in silversides as soon as you can! Freshwater anything is not that good for saltwater fish.

I would try soaking a silverside in garlic for a while and than dangling it (it's really like fishing) on some clear string that makes it look like a real fish. So long as it can easily come off the said string if he takes the bait! :-p

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 08-24-2014, 02:23 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Activist

its not quite big enough yet for silver sides. ive been trying to feed him krill with garlic. i have a clear spoon with one of those twists that you get with bread with the paper taken off and wrapped around the stick but he wont go for it at all :/ little bugger. any suggestions on a sand sifting goby? i was looking at getting a diamond tomorrow
Old 08-24-2014, 11:19 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I would WAIT for the Goby! Let your tank establish. You got a lot in their right now and adding anything else will just make your life more difficult. Trust me! Slow wins this race my friend!

A Goby will be looking for food in the sand, and being you have nothing in your sand yet, it would be a bad Idea to get one. Wait at least 2 months! :-p Than get another fish! Let you system become more established! You can also get Tiger Pods and start growing a colony of them. Just release them at night when all of your fish are sleeping. :-p
Old 08-24-2014, 11:47 AM   #40
Aquarium Advice Activist

my sand is far from empty. there is alot going on in there thats why i want the goby. when i had moved it from the guy i purchased it from i think i sturred up ALOT of bad stuff that had been dormant inside the water. so all of that algae is coming out. i have a good bunch of diatoms in there which i know will go away on its own. its just depressing to look at :/ any suggestions on my feeding for the lion as i posted above?

Tags
5 gallon, 55 gallon, fish, gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com