Ich in a 300 gal with a shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just do hypo in the tank and take a piece of LR out to keep it alive. It the best and safest way to treat ick. That trigger is mean, but my groupers also mean, and harasses any new tank mate for about a week or 2, then stops so hopefully that is whats happening. Hypo is also pretty cheap.

crister13 said:
Just do hypo in the tank and take a piece of LR out to keep it alive. It the best and safest way to treat ick. That trigger is mean, but my groupers also mean, and harasses any new tank mate for about a week or 2, then stops so hopefully that is whats happening. Hypo is also pretty cheap.

She doesn't have any LR, all fake decor. Even if she did it would have absorbed copper by now and would be putting the shark and inverts at risk.

Well the angel died so that sucks. Two casualties is two too many, figures it'd be an angel and a butterfly though :"-( this tank is driving me to drink, **** ich, what a waste of a life form. Commencing hyposalinity treatment after a 5 day resting period, these fish deserve it.

I could be wrong but won't waiting 5 days just allow time for the ich to get worse? I would do a water change and start now while you have the weekend to work. JMO

I'd start now. I'm doing hypo treatment right now on my fish. The sooner the better. You could loose more fish in 5 days :/

And I use the bacteria in a bottle too :) It works well!

all4wheels2 said:
I'd start now. I'm doing hypo treatment right now on my fish. The sooner the better. You could loose more fish in 5 days :/

And I use the bacteria in a bottle too :) It works well!

+1 to that, hypo is actually relaxing to the fish, don't wait, you will just lose more fish. Read on here the links that tell how to do it properly.

As long as it doesn't cause them more stress, because the two fish that died weren't that badly affected. I'm pretty sure it was the stress that did them in at the end. I kept looking them over, no rapid breathing or anything, then just like that one went overnight, the other was resting on the decor in the morning and died too later in the afternoon...starting hypo now.

Your shark should be fine. It is sooooo hard for sharks get ich. But I would watch that angel he will be your biggest problem. No copper with sharks It will kill them and the smallest amounts. If u decide on copper. Remove the shark and do not add him back.

Back
Top Bottom