Ideas and Planning - Upgrades 42g FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SHARPiE

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, keen for your input, thoughts and ideas.
I plan on re-scaping the tank and possibly adding more rock - leaning toward plain base rock and maybe some dead coral pieces to avoid spikes and build up the tank, as it seems a little bare. Looking for background ideas. I'm not very artistic which is why I come to the trusty folk here!

FTS

Bit of background on the tank: established for just over nine months, coraline algae is taking off. Hooded Tank (AquaOne AR-850 - modified with protein skimmer) All the rock in this was bought live. Weely 8G water changes. My current stocking list is in my signature below. (Minus the Cleaner Wrasse that has been missing for coming on 5 days). Diatom bloom is over.

Questions:

1. What fish should/can I add next? (looking for bright colour, decent size and ease of care - it doesn't need to be reef safe, but don't want my CUC destroyed) Broad question I know, but looking to cover all bases.
  2. What background do you reccomend? (leaning towards a plain black)
  3. More rock - base or live? Dead coral?
  4. I'm looking at re-scaping the rock and moving it toward the back of the tank making a tallker stack. Anything to watch out for? Can I have it touching the glass?
At the end of the day, I feel my tank is looking a bit bare and I want to add some colour and "fill" the tank.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Get a midas blenny for vivid yellow/gold.

It is just fine to stack more rock up and let it lean on the back glass. I'm not crazy about dead coral for rock/decoration. Heck, whatever killed could still be there I''m guessing. On the base or live rock question.... depends on your pocketbook. :)

Back
Top Bottom