Ideas for another fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdjxt39

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys I am looking for ideas to get some shades of red and/or green into my tank. I wasn't crazy about my flame angel which is why I gave him to my friend for his tank.

Here is what I thought up of so far:

- Exquisite wrasse (the one from fiji seems to be green)
- Eightline wrasse (looks to have some red in it)
- Christmas wrasse

Any other ideas would be great :)!

I like mandarins and they are pretty readily available in my area, but aren't they really difficult to keep because of their diet?

It is possible to train a mandarin on prepared foods outside of the main tank, if you have the time/patience. What other fish are in the tank? 55g correct?

I would make the LFS train him and make him show you that he is eating. Yes it is possible but it is also possible you might not and then you have a fish that might not make it. Tell the LFS you want to see him eat some prepared food before you but it.

melosu58 said:
I would make the LFS train him and make him show you that he is eating. Yes it is possible but it is also possible you might not and then you have a fish that might not make it. Tell the LFS you want to see him eat some prepared food before you but it.

Although I highly agree with your thoughts, I doubt many lfs' would be willing to take the time for such a low cost animal. Not in their best interest cost vs. time spent if you know what I mean.

As far as wrasses in your color spectrum:

Cirrhilabrus laboutei
Cirrhilabrus jordani
Cirrhilabrus scottorum

Innovator said:
melosu58 said:

Although I highly agree with your thoughts, I doubt many lfs' would be willing to take the time for such a low cost animal. Not in their best interest cost vs. time spent if you know what I mean.
I agree with you both but even if they were trained it is possible that with the "shock " of the move that they wouldnt stay trained ....

I understand what you are saying but my LFS knows that I am not buying any fish unless I see it eat. Flake, Mysis or whatever. He`ll come to me and say I think I might have a fish for you and have food in the other hand because he knows. As whether other LFS do I dont know but to me if they want to make a sale they will make the effort. My suggestion to all would be that before buying a fish that they show you that it is eating. I know online is different.

Back
Top Bottom