Ideas for colorful fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMHuestis

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Right now I have a 2 clowns, 1 midas blenny and a CUC of Cleaner shrimp, 3 hermits and a choco. chip starfish with live rock & a brown log.

Im adding a coral beauty last but Im looking for 1 fish under 5in to add to my tank..and im focusing on adding some more color (Blue, Purple, Green) to my tank.

What size tank?
Maybe a mystery wrasse
Royal gramma
sunset anthias
purple firefish or regular
theres lots to choose from

Look at clown gobies. I think they have all sorts of colors. I know they have green and yellow atleast. They're cool, they perch on rocks alot.

A firefish goby is always fun. Bright white with a red back. If you look closely some will have some greens and purples through the red. They're neat and like to dart around.

I would say a bicolor blenny, but I don't know how it would fare with the Midas. They're half orange and half purple. Really nice.

Yeah, if we knew the tank size we could be more specific. But my suggestion is for a royal gramma, purple and yellow, very colorful and they get along with everyone. Plus they aren't too pricey either. :)

sorry! its 35 gall.. i went with the coral beauty! BUT i still have one more to goooo! :)

Now that ive got the CB, im looking for a long nosed hawk --or-- A blue/green fish-> need ideas!

Im almost set on a 6 Line Wrasse-- and since my Blenny died, i can still get the longnose hawkfish.. any problems with 6 line & the longnose?

IME the six line wrasse becomes aggressive--if not at first, slowly over time. It is a nipper.

Just my opinion here, but I believe that the most under rated, colorful, affordable, and long lived fish is a Royal Gramma. I have yet to see a fish with the eye popping color of a Royal Gramma. Extremely hardy to boot.

Crabs, ill researchin' away.. and im finding that they are too territorial to have in such a small tank-- 29 gallon biocube, with potentially 4 other fish pair of clowns six line & a CB..

whats your experience with Royal Grammas, crabs? & everyone?

My RG is a punk lol but she does stay in one corner of the tank Id add it last.

My gramma was a total sweetheart, never ever bothered any other fish even when she was in the 29g I had. :)

Back
Top Bottom