Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-28-2011, 11:10 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Ideas for colorful fish

Right now I have a 2 clowns, 1 midas blenny and a CUC of Cleaner shrimp, 3 hermits and a choco. chip starfish with live rock & a brown log.

Im adding a coral beauty last but Im looking for 1 fish under 5in to add to my tank..and im focusing on adding some more color (Blue, Purple, Green) to my tank.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

What size tank?
Maybe a mystery wrasse
Royal gramma
sunset anthias
purple firefish or regular
theres lots to choose from

FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:28 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Look at clown gobies. I think they have all sorts of colors. I know they have green and yellow atleast. They're cool, they perch on rocks alot.

A firefish goby is always fun. Bright white with a red back. If you look closely some will have some greens and purples through the red. They're neat and like to dart around.

I would say a bicolor blenny, but I don't know how it would fare with the Midas. They're half orange and half purple. Really nice.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Have you looked at The Potters Wrasse or Potters angel I have both in a 90g With the same fish that you have lol very laid back fish the wrasse will dig though
Potter's Wrasse
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Potter's Angelfish

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:52 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah, if we knew the tank size we could be more specific. But my suggestion is for a royal gramma, purple and yellow, very colorful and they get along with everyone. Plus they aren't too pricey either.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:39 AM   #6

sorry! its 35 gall.. i went with the coral beauty! BUT i still have one more to goooo!

Now that ive got the CB, im looking for a long nosed hawk --or-- A blue/green fish-> need ideas!
Old 08-14-2011, 01:27 AM   #7

Im almost set on a 6 Line Wrasse-- and since my Blenny died, i can still get the longnose hawkfish.. any problems with 6 line & the longnose?
Old 08-14-2011, 03:12 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

IME the six line wrasse becomes aggressive--if not at first, slowly over time. It is a nipper.

Just my opinion here, but I believe that the most under rated, colorful, affordable, and long lived fish is a Royal Gramma. I have yet to see a fish with the eye popping color of a Royal Gramma. Extremely hardy to boot.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:30 AM   #9

Crabs, ill researchin' away.. and im finding that they are too territorial to have in such a small tank-- 29 gallon biocube, with potentially 4 other fish pair of clowns six line & a CB..

whats your experience with Royal Grammas, crabs? & everyone?
Old 08-15-2011, 07:57 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

My RG is a punk lol but she does stay in one corner of the tank Id add it last.

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
colorful fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com