Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae View Post

Well, honestly the best thing I can suggest is to get a good book on reef tanks. I know online resources are great but having a step by step guide to all the basics with pictures! is a great thing to have on hand. YouTube also has a lot of fairly useful how to vids.
True! I own two books the marine aquarium encyclopedia and another i cant remember the name but great resources. On youtube i watch videos by mr saltwaterfishtank. Still, i love to question and find out more opinions then make my final decision. I too recommend these videos but if you're anything like me then you will make sure you weigh all options before making the next chess move. Nysteelo has good vids too. I think thats how he spells it.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Reading is great for saltwater. I like mr saltwater as well. I get his emails every now and then. I find the best info is sites like this and local reef sites. I'm a member of two local clubs and here of course and the peopl have so much experience. I'd say to ask any question you can come up with. The only stupid question is the one not asked.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingsfishy View Post
Reading is great for saltwater. I like mr saltwater as well. I get his emails every now and then. I find the best info is sites like this and local reef sites. I'm a member of two local clubs and here of course and the peopl have so much experience. I'd say to ask any question you can come up with. The only stupid question is the one not asked.
I have to enroll in a local forum and site as well but in time. I did not feel the urge to get into forums and just ask away without learning and trying first. I agree with you, i ask because if i don't, i wouldn't feel like i tried enough. Mr. Saltwater has some great videos on just about anything but we all know as good as he is... That's just one mans point of view. I subscribe to his channel. What are his emails about? Are they anything like his friday quick tips?
Old 02-15-2013, 01:34 AM   #54
Aquarium Advice Freak

The good thing about local forums is you can usually find equipment and stock for cheap locally
Old 02-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #55
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yep it's terrible advice Tuesday and his Friday tips. There is so much equipment on local forums it's crazy. I look through them often to find that great deal on something I don't need. I think I'm addicted....
Old 02-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmann View Post
The good thing about local forums is you can usually find equipment and stock for cheap locally
Yes networking! And i would like to be able to buy fish that could out grow my tank knowing fully in advance that it will have a nice home when we have to part ways.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Yep it's terrible advice Tuesday and his Friday tips. There is so much equipment on local forums it's crazy. I look through them often to find that great deal on something I don't need. I think I'm addicted....
Right on bro!
Old 02-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #58
Aquarium Advice Activist

New pictures showing my water levels. The water is a bit more cloudy than it was this morning when i woke up because i used a wooden stick i especially cleaned with RO DI water and only use for the tank to make the bed. It appears to move a lot. Still tweaking my flow but it is 100% times better thanks to you all! If you can see the plastic clothes hanger that i placed in my sump... It holds my drain hose, skimmer and skimmer tube in place. It works great... Lol

I will post the before and after videos on my youtube tonight. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks fellas again!

Btw i want to add another inch of water... Should i?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3994420958.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	152306   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1029433620.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	152307  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1435708799.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	152308  
Old 02-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #59
Aquarium Advice FINatic

What kinda sand are you using?
Old 02-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #60
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
What kinda sand are you using?
Medium to fine grain aragonite. It was promoted at fine grain but idk about that

Tags
bubble, bubbles, micro

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com