Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #71
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald Marcelo

Thanks! Appreciate the advice fellas. I wont risk it for the life of the fish. I have no experience and understand that the only way to take your hands off the wheel and still know how to drive well, takes tons of practice. The confidence and the know how to diagnose a fish etc...would be essential in trying this. I guess I was thinking if the master plan. Muhahahaha
You just gained a level! Asking questions, listening to experienced reef gurus, and altering your plan to ensure success always always gains you XP... and respect among other reef keepers.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #72
Aquarium Advice FINatic

So in five days you have probably gotten the idea to upgrade. Welcome my friend. This is a very addicting hobby. I went from a 40 to a 90 to a 125 I'm building. All in less then 2 years. Also the reason for the 125 is tangs. Those are some BA fish.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #73
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae View Post

You just gained a level! Asking questions, listening to experienced reef gurus, and altering your plan to ensure success always always gains you XP... and respect among other reef keepers.
Ty sir... Just having fun, learning. Appreciate all the advice.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:47 AM   #74
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingsfishy View Post
So in five days you have probably gotten the idea to upgrade. Welcome my friend. This is a very addicting hobby. I went from a 40 to a 90 to a 125 I'm building. All in less then 2 years. Also the reason for the 125 is tangs. Those are some BA fish.
Haha so funny! Yes, you kind of hit the nail on the head on that one. Thanks for having me. Iv'e read a lot of posts on this forum and found good advice. I hope to return that favor someday.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #75
Aquarium Advice Activist

My tank after one week. I did a 10% water change on Saturday. I also cleaned out the bio balls and protein skimmer. The water is still cloudy, should i wait until next week to water change? Can i do it tomorrow? I noticed the water became real cloudy after I removed the bio balls. They were soaked in white stuff... It didn't take long for the tank to clear up to its current state. Is that sand floating or that white stuff? Difficult to tell. My salinity has been 1.023 for 3 days now and temp at 78-79. I could not find any ammonia at the local petland. Can anyone recommend a brand? Thanks.

If i confused you, sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3396997277.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	153237   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3728003147.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	153238  

Name:	image-2505051326.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	153239  
Old 02-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #76
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

My only input... in regards to you asking about adding more water. Make sure that you have some wiggle room. Leave a good 2" (my opinion of course) in the sump when everything is shut down (and has been for a bit) so that you won't have to worry about it overflowing in the event of a power outage.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #77
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
My only input... in regards to you asking about adding more water. Make sure that you have some wiggle room. Leave a good 2" (my opinion of course) in the sump when everything is shut down (and has been for a bit) so that you won't have to worry about it overflowing in the event of a power outage.
Yup 2 inches for sure. This was saturday before the water change. Thanks again
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-2115521191.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	153250  
Old 02-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #78
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You said the bio balls had white stuff on them? Does your pump have the same stuff on it? I'd guess the sand is the culprit. How well did you rinse it before putting it in? I'm glad to see no more bubbles.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #79
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingsfishy View Post
You said the bio balls had white stuff on them? Does your pump have the same stuff on it? I'd guess the sand is the culprit. How well did you rinse it before putting it in? I'm glad to see no more bubbles.
Hey! I didn't rinse my sand . i rinsed out my filters, bio balls and skimmer again today. adjusted my return to see if the sand settles a bit better (I've tried several combinations). I removed a lot of white stuff again but it's much clearer! I am getting my live rock Wed. Will this help? Should I use tetra safe start? Or should i buy a few damsel to cycle the tank? Btw thanks to everyone, no more flow issues.
Now about this sand... Lol
Old 02-24-2013, 12:48 AM   #80
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Tags
bubble, bubbles, micro

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com