Im leaning towards going with a predator tank puffers, triggers, grouper, angels..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FOWLR-JUNKIE

Aquarium Advice Regular
Not new to hobby but just coming back from a busted tank end of last year. Came home to a flooded house and sharks and sting ray dead. Was going to get go back with a 240g but want to go smaller getting a 120g tank. I'm just running 2 canisters and 2 bio-wheel. Didn't want to do much I know I will be upgrading soon. My tank is completely cycled with just a small clean up crew.. Hermits and snails. Im leaning towards going with a predator tank puffers, triggers, grouper, angels.. Something of that nature.. Ill rehome my cleanup crew so they won't get eaten. Any advice on what I should do with this predator tank I'm trying to put together?

Shark~King

Last edited by a moderator:
Predator tanks are awesome!! A puffer would be good in there as well as the triggers. The tank would be too small for any groupers as they get very territorial and harass tank mates to death most likely. Just my opinion and experience with groupers. I had a miniatus grouper in a 300g tank and it still didn't seem like enough space. I currently have a rectangle trigger and a Niger trigger together with no problems. An eel would be a good option for you as well

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Following up with the groupers, I would have to agree that 120 is a bit small for the regularly available ones like Panther and miniatus because they are very aggressive. However, if you're set on getting one, try to get your hands on a honeycomb grouper. I used to have one in my 150 and he was fine. They usually get about 9" long and max out around 1'. Hope this helps :) also, try not to get lionfish with triggers because the triggers will tear their fins apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom