Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-10-2014, 10:56 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Im leaning towards going with a predator tank puffers, triggers, grouper, angels..

Not new to hobby but just coming back from a busted tank end of last year. Came home to a flooded house and sharks and sting ray dead. Was going to get go back with a 240g but want to go smaller getting a 120g tank. I'm just running 2 canisters and 2 bio-wheel. Didn't want to do much I know I will be upgrading soon. My tank is completely cycled with just a small clean up crew.. Hermits and snails. Im leaning towards going with a predator tank puffers, triggers, grouper, angels.. Something of that nature.. Ill rehome my cleanup crew so they won't get eaten. Any advice on what I should do with this predator tank I'm trying to put together?

FOWLR-JUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:53 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Predator tanks are awesome!! A puffer would be good in there as well as the triggers. The tank would be too small for any groupers as they get very territorial and harass tank mates to death most likely. Just my opinion and experience with groupers. I had a miniatus grouper in a 300g tank and it still didn't seem like enough space. I currently have a rectangle trigger and a Niger trigger together with no problems. An eel would be a good option for you as well

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Airgoose2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:41 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Following up with the groupers, I would have to agree that 120 is a bit small for the regularly available ones like Panther and miniatus because they are very aggressive. However, if you're set on getting one, try to get your hands on a honeycomb grouper. I used to have one in my 150 and he was fine. They usually get about 9" long and max out around 1'. Hope this helps also, try not to get lionfish with triggers because the triggers will tear their fins apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
crister13 is offline   Reply With Quote

tank, puffers, angels

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com