I'm Moving!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lutz1223

Aquarium Advice Newbie
In about two months I will be moving. It will only be about 20 miles away, but it still poses big problems with my tank. I have a 55 gallon established tank. I am wondering what everyone thinks is the best way for me to do this. Thank you in advance for all of your help. I am new to this site but have already learned so much.

Keith

PI??? Im actually at Camp Lejeune. Thanks for your help. I have live sand and about 30 pounds of live rock right now. As far as fish, I have a Maroon Clown, three blue damselfish, an Orchid Dottyback, and a Zebra Dart Goby. I also have a carpet anemone that I am trying to get my clown to go to. I will probably have a few weeks at the new house. I am just moving into staff housing from out in town. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keith

well Im actually going to Camp Pendleton. But for you it wont be that bad. When I moved off base housing I took out half my water and put it in a clean 30 gallon storage tub. Put the fish and LR in it and ran a cannister filter. I drained the rest of the water in buckets and lewft the sand in my 55gal. After getting the fifty five gal setup at my new house I put the water back in from the buckets, let it run until it was clear, then bagged the fish, and syphoned the water from the storage container back into the 55 with a powerhead. After wards I floated the bags and I was good. I ve said it before, but reefing is not the best hobby in the military, but its hard to get away from. good luck

well Im actually going to Camp Pendleton. But for you it wont be that bad. When I moved off base housing I took out half my water and put it in a clean 30 gallon storage tub. Put the fish and LR in it and ran a cannister filter. I drained the rest of the water in buckets and lewft the sand in my 55gal. After getting the fifty five gal setup at my new house I put the water back in from the buckets, let it run until it was clear, then bagged the fish, and syphoned the water from the storage container back into the 55 with a powerhead. After wards I floated the bags and I was good. I ve said it before, but reefing is not the best hobby in the military, but its hard to get away from. good luck

Seconded, moving sucks...

only thing i might do different is keep the lr and the fish separate. i wouldnt want a piece of it sliding around during the move and hurting the already stressed out fish.

yeah i would use as large of a storage comtainer as you could find,and fill it with your tank water, except leave water at the bottom for the fish to swim. put all of your live rock into the water filled storage container. then use another smaller container and put tank water in that and then plop the fish into there. like fisheggs said, live rock can easily kill fish while it is moved, so you want to keep them seperate. take both of the containers to the new house. bring the tank. put the fish, water that you brought, live rock, and all that stuff back into the tank. done.

Back
Top Bottom