Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-20-2006, 12:15 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Imperator angel color morph

I've read that juveniles don't morph into the vibrant colors of those caught as mature adults; they kinda start the color transformation, but never complete it. Is this well documented, or just a myth?

Old 08-20-2006, 11:02 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/marine/fi.../imperator.htm
I have found no evidence of this. I would submit that the coloration morph may take longer in captive fish due to restrictions that may slow growth. Imperators sold as "medium" still may possess some juvenile coloration under their adult pattern.

Old 08-20-2006, 12:32 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Thanks!

I googled forever and couldn't find any worthwhile resources. That website covers it all.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:17 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to StripesTheEel
I bought mine at 1 inch, he is now 5 inches. He has continually morphed and is about 3/4's way through to adult stage. But I feel that it has slowed somewhat, moreso than the wild counterparts. But that goes with all captive fish, they tend to grow/change to what their surroundings provide, a smaller tank will stunt growth, a larger tank will encourage it.
StripesTheEel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 01:31 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

I've read that it does take longer to morph to the adult coloration in captivity. With the proper supplements (Selcon) and dietary needs, you shouldn't have a problem achieving great results with the color transformation

Tags
angel, color

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com