Improve plumbing in 90 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a fowlr tank and do you have a picture of your wet dry when you did this

Its currently cycling so could I take them all out at once? Is there bb on them now

Sorry, no pics of wet dry. I've since built a sump out of a 30g.

So when I take them out and remove the egg crate do I need to move the sponge in between or anything or just leave everything the same just take them out

I guess you can but you would possibly start your cycle over. Better safe than sorry. Just test your parameters before adding livestock not worth losing

I would lose the sponge also. They are nitrate collectors too. You should use a filter sock and swap it out every couple of days or so.

Your tank may have a mini cycle from the added rubble.

I'm no expert I'm just trying to recall all the stuff my LFS expert told me when I was in this scenario.

Ohh okay probably won't put rubble in and where does the filter sock go? I have filter floss to put in the drip plate does that need to be changed out?

A filter sock is used at the end of your drain line to collect all the crap a. k. A. Sediment floating around your system.

If your using floss you shouldn't need the sock. Just be sure to swap out or clean your floss often

Okay okay and when cleaning it in tank water do you swish it around or can you just rinse with tap water

Does it matter where the water level is in the filter

I wash my socks in the washer with a little bleach and had no ill effect.

Do a system shut down and make sure that all your water from drain doesn't overflow out of your sump. If it doesn't then you can mark the level it was at. Also in case of a clogged drain there should never be enough water in sump to overflow your tank and food your house

What do you recommend putting in the first section where the water trickles down

The water would all get in the skimmer cup and everything right?

Back
Top Bottom