In need of assistance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeremyz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I walked past my tank today and everything appeared normal. About 10 minutes later one of my Domino and Blue Damsel were attacking another Blue. I had tapped the tank to get them to stop and my special victims fish was laying on it's side and followed up with an impressive display of handicap style swimming. I moved him into the sanctuary and then noticed he is losing his color(half white and blue) so now i've got him in QT. Has anyone else experienced this?

I had 5 2 stripe damsels and they quickly got rid of the odd one out. How many do u have??

Damsels are like that they will fight my friend had a domino and it was the meanest fish I have ever seen for one that size he took it back to the store after 6 months.

We had 2 of each, I thought that would be good enough. They proved me wrong though! They waited about 2 weeks to show any signs of aggression. The little fella was a goner this morning though. Instead of a 15 or 25% WC should I empty and clean the QT or just leave it? Thanks for the advice!

To be honest with you sounds like typical damsel behavior. They are mean and will fight.

Id break the QT down and clean n disinfect it you said your fish was 1/2 white Ich? or velvet? why take the chance?

Id break the QT down and clean n disinfect it you said your fish was 1/2 white Ich? or velvet? why take the chance?

Not to sure if it was ICH, yet you are correct, totally not taking any chances.
Thanks again for all the advice

Back
Top Bottom