Installing new filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silam1984

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone been a while looking for some advice on putting a new filter on my tank just bought a fluval306 and was wondering the best way to get it seeded so it can handle my tank and does rowa phos do well in this filter was thinking of swapping out one of the carbon bags for it any one have any experience with this filter thanks

im running a 305 on my 72g fw tank and I absolutely love it!! best purchase I ever made. as for seeding it, id just hook it up to your tank and let it run side by side with your current filter. after a few months itll be good to go. you could just transfer the filter media from your current filter over to the 306, but that's up to you. also id look at putting a few live rock rubble pieces in the 306. thatll help with seeding

Glad it's a good filter really like the look and the way the media baskets are really versatile good idea on the live rock pieces didn't think about that got a few small pieces in the tank I could use think ill put them pieces of rock in and run it with my other one for a month or so thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom