Instant cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angelo russo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
For a lot of people in this hobby they are very stubborn in there ways of cycling a tank many dont trust the new way things are done in this hobby I can tell u first hand it works stop being an old dog and try some new tricks I would never use a product I thought would hurt fish in anyway it is very nice to have a tank cycle in 3 to 5 days instead of eating for 6 wks for a shrimp to rot and then have to do numerous water changes as the saying goes get with the times or they will pass u by

Interesting. How long have you done this and what has been your long term success? Always ready to embrace new things, but I am old school when it comes to establishing a stable environment for my livestock. Many of the "new" techniques don't seem to work very well.

I've used the Dr Tim's One & Only twice and it worked for me. Cycled in less than a week. I usually add fish very slowly, so I am not sure how strong the bacteria colonies are. I've never had nitrate issues and I even had systems with those dreaded bio-ball nitrate factories. I just got a 240g and am not sure I want to pay that much for Dr Tim's, so I will very likely do the shrimp method. If I go with Dr Tim's, I will do a day-to-day chart so everyone can see.

I would agree a fish only system can be rapid started if the fish are added slowly. Not sure a reef would respond the same way.

Mine will be FOWLR...not sure if the OP was just making a general statement. I agree that reef could be different though. I'd be broke if I started a 240g reef. :)

Back
Top Bottom