Invert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nguyen27

Aquarium Advice Activist
5 x Nassarius Snail
2 x Peppermint Shrimp
5 x Bumble bee snail

Do you guy think all this will fit OK into a 15gals FOWLR tank?
Thanks

Also I think my 15gals tank cycled, Amm = 0, Nitrite = 0, 1 < Nitrate > 0, with about of 15# of liverock in it, and a Bakpak 2, what can I stock my tank with? Any input is appreciated.

sounds fine to me. Do you have LS or CC for the nassarius snails? They love to dig around. They are really good at stirring up and cleaning out your substrate. They eat mostly detritus.

I had CC (fine grade, their dimension is about 1/20 of an inches), I has been thinking about switching to sand, but that kindda little late?
Thanks

Your invert list sounds fine. You might also consider a cleaner shrimp, maybe a couple emerald crabs or even some scarlet hermits.

In a 15 gallon, you don't have a lot of room for fish, but you could probably put two small ones in there. Maybe a pair of false perculas? Clown gobies, bangaii cardinals and firefish are also nice small fish...

And it's never too late to switch to sand. I would recommend doing it gradually to lessen the likelihood of a mini cycle.

I would actually suggest skipping the bumblebee's. They will do much the same as nassarius and both are primarily carnivors. They will most likely end up competeing for food resources and some will eventually die. Bumblebee's are also known to prey on other snails.

I would swao those for some cerith and/or nerite snails. Both relatively small but will help in keeping algaes down which the ones you chose will not.

You can always switch out the CC for sand, it's quite easy. This article should help... >>How to change out your substrate<<

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom