Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-17-2004, 01:03 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Even a school of Chromis looks good as well. Get about 4-5 of them and they will be fun to watch. You can go to liveaquaria.com and look at the fish selection with the recommended tank sizes for each one. There is a bunch out there that will work with what you have.

Salttanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:07 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
So for those of us with small tanks, what WOULD you recommend? I was looking at some butterflies the other day. very pretty fish, just as pretty as Angels In my opinion. are they good for smaller tanks?
Clownfish (all but maroon)
Royal Gramma
Various Gobies (beware sand sifters if using sandbeds)
Damsels (yellowtail, or other more "docile" varieties)
Pygmy Angels
Some Wrasses
Various Blennies
Leaf Fish
Valentini Puffer

TONS! Obviously some of the above are not the best for very small tanks....but some research should show the best options out of the huge pool of choices.

HoopsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 06:00 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist
Thanks everyone

...for all your feedback. I'll wait on the angels some more, since my other fish seem to be doing well right now. It doesn't look like adding one more small fish would overcrowd my tank (all my fish are getting along right now, but as mentioned, I'm sure that could change once they begin to grow).

As for my UG, I've used it in the past when my tank was first set up, and though it may be primitive, it has worked well for me. I guess I've been lucky

Thanks again!!!
salty27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 07:02 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
thanks hoopsGuru!

There are some very interesting fish on that list. I will look into them further!
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 12:01 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Here is a good place to check out fish profiles. Not everyone agrees with their info, but its a good starting point.

quarryshark is offline   Reply With Quote

angel, angel fish, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com