Is it possible???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ctmedman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wondering if I establish any inverts in my tank before the addition of the following would they have a chance of surviving. Mainly I'm looking for a clean up crew for this FOWLR tank. Keep in mind that the following fish are not in the tank yet.

Longnose Hawkfish
Snowflake Eel
Antennata Lionfish
Yellow Tang
Flame Angel

I was hoping for a shrimp and/or crap combination.

TIA

I guess you mean crab, right. :D I know you`ll be OK with the last two. The first three I`m not sure about. Smith and foster says the hawkfish will eat small shrimp. Maybe others will chime in

I believe any shrimp, snail, crab, hermit combo would be on the menu....how fast they would be consumed will vary by chance, IMO.

Longnose Hawkfish-will eat them
Snowflake Eel-might not eat a skunk cleaner shrimp
Antennata Lionfish-will eat them
Yellow Tang-perfect community fish
Flame Angel-perfect community fish

I don't see snails being eatten, but shrimp are out. I would also try a few crabs and see what happens. I have snails with a puffer and SFE and have no issues..... If you get a JUMBO SFE then it may eat snails, but IMO a long as he is well fed I don't see it being a problem.

the lion and the hawk are the probs.. lion will eat shrimp..hawk will also..the SFE wont touch a thing if u keep him well fed.. the shrimp may even form a symbiotic relationship with the eel.. my zebra and cleaner combination are fun to watch..

GL..

Back
Top Bottom