Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-19-2004, 12:18 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey, thanks a lot Rocket! I appreciate your kind words. the pistol/goby combo is awesome. Very funny! They are out several times a day. my 25 lb order came to about $6.25 a pound with shipping. I am sure it will better then anything here. LR runs $8 to $12 around here. There is one shop that have really nice "carribbian" rock with sponges, algea, mussells and such on it but it is the $12 a pound stuff.

Old 08-19-2004, 12:43 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to XXFirefighter Send a message via Yahoo to XXFirefighter
Ordered 90 pound of LR and 55 pounds of LS and can NOT express how more then happy I am with this stuff !

Old 08-19-2004, 01:08 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

For a 37 gallon tank, I'd probably for for 50-60lbs. I thought 40lbs in my 40gallon was gonna be alot.
well, my photo in my sig shows the tank with 50lbs of LR...and it still could use more (i have another 10lbs curing in a Q-tank right now)
Old 08-19-2004, 01:21 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
thanks malkore! looks like 40 lbs may not be enough....we will see.
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 03:45 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

What I got with my 40lb LR.com order was: 2 large rocks...probably 11 lbs each. 3 medium sized rocks..4lbs a piece...adn then 3 small rocks, and 2 really small rocks I'd call 'decorative' (smaller than fist sized)...but very interesting in shape (one looks like a big finger, and is definitely some ancient shell that calcified into what I have now)
Old 08-20-2004, 11:36 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have 80lbs of keys LR.com LR.
Good price, very beautiful colors and lots of life!

Lighting: 48'' Coralife HQI aqualight pro | 2 150 watt MH | 2 96 watt true actinic fluorescents | 3 1 watt blue-moon-glow LEDs

Fish&Inverts: 3-BlueGreen Chromis | Shrimp Goby | Purple Firefish | 6 Line-Wrasse | LawnMower Blenny | Royal Gramma | Coral Beauty | Maxima Clam | 16 Assort. -Snails | LR Hitchers: Crabs, Urchins, Brittle Stars, Feather Dusters, and more

Corals: Assorted Mushrooms | Green Button Polyps | Toadstool Leather | Pulsing Xenia | Clove Polyps | Star Polyps | FrogSpawn | Branching Hammer | Candy Cane | Zoos | Ricordea | Open Brain | Bubble |
--------------------------------------------------------
24Gallon JBJ Nano Cube | LR 25lbs Marshall Creek/Tonga/Fiji | 2 Flase Percula Clowns | Shrooms | Xenia | Green Button Polyps | Snails | Hermits
EL Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 01:31 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to ScurdOfCychlidz
BAH shipping is way to much for me..did 50lbs..$113 for S&H!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2004, 01:34 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Zack
Shipping is a bit bu we can't control that. we make no money on it. Think about shipping 50lbs of rock OVERNIGHT..
Old 08-22-2004, 01:35 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Zack
also about the domain http://liverock.com/ what a waste of a good domain huh
Old 08-29-2004, 12:19 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to lukasnca
My two main complaints about LR.com (and Zack never did address these except for trying to sell me more rock):

(1) wetwebmedia claims that due to the higher density of aquacultured atlantic rock its not as good for biological filtration. Zack told me that he would look for an answer to this but never got back to me.

(2) Shipping isn't perfect -- my LR.com rock arrived leaking all over the place (the leasing office in my apt complex that I met the delivery guy at was not happy) and the ammonia was through the roof for about 8-10 days.

Also due to the fact that a lot of the life in these rocks is from the atlantic its not exactly meant for aquariums that host life mostly from the pacific (wetwebmedia repeats this again and again)

Anyway other than that no big complaints about the rock. I've never ordered rock from anywhere else so I don't have much to compare it to.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com