Is my maroon clown paired

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pokmijn

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i have had a maroon clown for about almost a year now and I've decided to try and breed them. So i went out to buy another one and it seems like they paired up in just minutes. Here is how they are acting always together and sleeping in the same anemone. I have then living in their own tank.

You prolly got lucky and got a female for your male or vice versa. Was the second larger or smaller than the first? Even when different sizes, it sometimes takes days for them to fight it out and become settled on their sex and role. Sometimes one'll die from the efforts.

Sharing an anenome is a very good sign.

Welcome to AA by the way! :)

As Ray said there is usually a big fight as to establishing the pecking order. Was one of them alot bigger than the other. BTW welcome to AA.

Thats AMAZING!!! When I introduced my second Maroon Clown the First one almost killed it. Pummeled it for days. Thought for sure it was gonna kill it. Took 3 weeks for them to just be in the same area w/o fighting. More than 2 months to pair up. And the Female still is the only one that sleeps in the anemone..the Male hangs out just outside

Looks like you got very lucky. I'm guessing the new one is quite small compared to the one you've had for a year.

welcometoaa.gif

thx for all the replays well the one i had for almost a year is about 2.5 inch to about 3 inch im not sure but its a good size, i almost ordered a mated pair but decided to see if i could get two to pair to save money so i went out and bought one half the size of mine about 1.5 inch.

here what happen when i introduce it to the new tank the big tried to attack it like two times but everytime it tried the small one will wiggle and and swin next to the big one it happen like two times only then they both went to the anemone now they both sleep together.

does this mean they have paired? If they did how long do you guys think before they will mate?

Oh yeah, did the "submissive dance". Prolly soooo sexy to a clown. :)

"Oh yes, you're cute!!! Come on over here and check out my pad/anenome".

That's probably exactly how it went. Yep you got REAL lucky.

Can't tell when they might mate.

Keep the lights low and play some Barry White. :)

thx guys ill keep you guys updated on my two clowns im so excited cant wait til they spawn.

ok so today when i woke up all my snails and hermits where in half even my cleaner shrimp was in half, was it my maroons that did this?...i did move them into a 15g nano reef tank luckily nothing happen to my corals.

Is this a sign that they're gonna breed?

what do you mean by "were/was in half"? They were physicaly split, as in killed? If thats the case..I would leant more to you having a mantis shrimp hiding somewhere.

Do you ever hear any clicking sound in your tank?
What are your water parameters?

is a mantis shrimp visible cause i dont have any other shrimp in there and all my water parameter are in great condition i test them weekly. all that i have left in the tank are all my corals 1 turbo snail, 1 hermit crab im thinking its my female maroon cause it very aggressive towards everything the comes near they're anemone because it is a small tank. i think they're gonna breed because they are cleaning a spot on a flat rock.

What size tank?
A mantis can hitch hike and be small enough that it can hide, so you might not see it.
I doubt a maroon will split you critters in half.
What worries me is the fact that so many were killed.
Can you post your water parameters? "great condition" can mean many different things to different people.

Back
Top Bottom