Is my tank already cycled...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CEverii

Aquarium Advice Freak
Only about a week and a half in. Bought 15lb LR and 60lb DR online. The LR I cured in my tank. Few days later mid curing i bought about 40lbs of Cured LR from my LFS. Watched my water parameters, saw my amnonia, nitrite, and nitrates rize, and fall. Now after only a week and a half they are all sitting at 0. Did it cycle so fast because I only had about 15lbs of uncured LR in there? Should I enduce another cycle with the shrimp method or am i good to go on my first two clowns?

I would wait another week or two testing it weekly if you are still at 0 you can do an h20 change and drip acclimate them to your tank ... depending on size when you drip them in you can do your H20 change with that ... on my 10 when I add anything I drip out about 1 - 2 gallons place the item in then pull out another 1/2 to full gallon replace with fresh water and I have done my water change ....

Hmm, I'm not familiar with drip aclimating. The way I read to aclimate fish is to swap their water with yours about a cup at a time. I'll read into drip aclimating them. Thanks for the advice

So i did some looking into the drip acclimation method and i think i want to try it out. How/What exactly do i use as a drip line? I couldnt find any devices or methods on how to get it going

Back
Top Bottom