Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Upgrade is your only option in my eyes ..Or end up with one fish when either of those triggers decide to snap(probably the undy) ..
how long have they been living in this tank together?

FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs
I want to see a picture too! Lion fish are so pretty!
I love lions my fav fish by far.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

The tank now is basically only suitable for the lion,,You could keep that and get rid of the rest.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTMMWS
Upgrade is your only option in my eyes ..Or end up with one fish when either of those triggers decide to snap(probably the undy) ..
how long have they been living in this tank together?
around 6 months. I got the undy because a guy said he was two agressive. I was told he would pick on my lion. No problems with aggression at all.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTMMWS
The tank now is basically only suitable for the lion,,You could keep that and get rid of the rest.
So a 110 gal tall can only hold 1 lionfish?. Is that for size reason or bio load
Old 03-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumis View Post
around 6 months. I got the undy because a guy said he was two agressive. I was told he would pick on my lion. No problems with aggression at all.
It took my humu 2 1/2 years to snap ..He's since been replaced with a blue throat ,,i also had a clown trigger that lasted a year and half before he had to go(replaced with sargassum)..Keep in mind these triggers were in my 125,i have since upgraded
6 months is not long in terms of fish keeping..That undy is going to snap sooner than later..trust me
Old 03-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular

Got ya. I thought mine was just special. Lol. I have read that the the undys are very agressive. I guess I thought mine just had no reason to be. I thought they where or where not. I did not know its only a matter of time. I know I don't have the experience that's why I ask.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Got ya. I thought mine was just special. Lol. I have read that the the undys are very agressive. I guess I thought mine just had no reason to be. I thought they where or where not. I did not know its only a matter of time. I know I don't have the experience that's why I ask.
,just glad your not getting defensive like some people do and try and argue about silly things like this..

Yes it is true all fish are different and some may never act like others,but Undy's are one of the nasty triggers and humus are iffy ..Some people do have good luck with them..I didn't ..Clowns triggers too..
Old 03-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Regular

I am not going to ask for help. then get upset at the people that take time out of there day to help. I thank you. One thing you said has be wondering. My lionfish is really all my tank should support?
Old 03-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
I am not going to ask for help. then get upset at the people that take time out of there day to help. I thank you. One thing you said has be wondering. My lionfish is really all my tank should support?
Your tank can support a wide variety of fish(without the lion),,just of the fish you have now only the lion should really be in there..All the others need larger tanks...
By having such a large lion though,, any fish you put in the tank you have, that are suitable for your tank, will more than likely be lunch for the lion..
I hope that makes sense

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com