Is the 3 fish compatible to a each other

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duncantse

Aquarium Advice Regular
1. I have purchased a tomato clownfish, bicolor angelfish, and a domino damselfish during the boxing week. Those 3 fishes are all in the same tank at the store. (I was watching the 3 fishes and I dont think they fight) I asked the store to keep my fish because I'm only halfway through my cycle. I have a 20 gallon tank. Is the 3 fish compatible to a each other? And if its not, will the store let me have a refund?

2. These are my current levels.

Ammonia= 2
Nitrite= 1
Nitrate= 30
Salinity level= 1.024
pH= 7.8
5.5lbs of live rock
10kg of crushed coral (sand)

Can someone predict how long my cycle will complete?

3. If I currently have 5.5lbs of live rock in my tank, how much more live rocks do I need for a 20 gallon?

4. Does a marine tank need air stones? I currently have a 1inch ball for airstone.

1. In that small of a tank, the clown and the damsel may not get along. The bicolor in itself is going to be too big for that tank. They need at least a 30 gallon tank with lots of swimming room.

2. Cycles usually take 4 weeks, looks like you are on track.

3. It is recommended that you have 1-1.5 lbs live rock per gallon

4. Nope, just make sure it has good enough flow so the proper exchange can happen.

So the 3 fishes won't get along? That sucks, can I refund it then?
Wow, 1-1.5lbs of live rock per gallon... that will cost me a lot of money.

yaah thats a relief then :D
instead of those 3 fishes what would you guys recommend for starter fishes that can fit in 20 gallon?

A pair of clowns and a small goby or jawfish is always a good combo. Check liveaquaria.com, they have a pretty good "nano section" that has a list of acceptable sized fish. They also have a compatibility chart that will show if what you want will get along.

you could always buy dry rock and add it, it's cheaper to purchase and will become live eventually

Back
Top Bottom