Is this an ISOPOD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

capj64

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I found it attached to the glass this morning. It's so tiny that I had a hard time getting my camera to focus so I only have one photo.

Nothing new has been added to my tank since we set it up two weeks ago except for the 10% PWC that I've done twice now. So I'm assuming that means they are living or hatching out of what is there now. How do I get rid of them since they're so tiny. The only way I noticed it today was that it was attached to the glass right in front of me and the filter's water flow was making it flap back and forth.

If it's not an isopod, is it a happy, happy, joy, joy thing or do I still get rid of it.

DSC_3474.jpg

Yes, just one. It's so small that if it wasn't attached where it is, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have seen it. So there may be more. I looked up baby snails and since my tank is only two weeks old, it's possible that it/they came with the live rock.
It's moved but very, very slow. I'll keep a look out for more. Hopefully they stay up high so the crabs won't get them :)

I believe it's a cerith snail and it's a good cleaner.you will more than likely find more.

That's totally groovy :) Thanks for the info. I tried to get a better picture but it's way too tiny. My camera keeps beeping and blinking at me. Looks like I'm going to be buying a macro lens next...shhh...don't tell my husband :)

Looks like a snail to me also. And to quote kurt it`s definitely not a isopod.

Back
Top Bottom