Its finally up and running!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CEverii

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, after a month of countless questions, my 75 soon to be FOWLER tank is set up! Got my water in the tank with my sand lol. Live rock should be here tuesday. Question tho about the sand. When the is it going to settle? I threw it in, and let it set for about 5 hours. Came back it was still pretty cloudy. Got my sump set up and running now, keeping an eye for leaks and making adjustments to the return pump and overflow box. Have my two power heads running as well. Will my sand, with all my stuff running as it is now, eventually fully settle? or should i just turn everything off for a day or so while it settles?

Last edited by a moderator:
What about my water level? With a 75g aquarium, how much RO water should i be adding daily to keep the level constant?

I have a spot marked on my sump where to fill it to. If you dont have a sump just fill it to the top do your water test and get it to where it needs to be. Then you`ll know that when it`s at the top that things "should" be where they are supposed to be.

As you learn, test the gravity/salt readings when it gets an inch below the top. Thay way, you'll know what an inch (or two, or three) does to your salt readings, and therefore how critical it may or not be to do a FW top-off. You don't want it going up and down like that as your water evaps (gravity goes down) and when you fill it w/ SW (gravity goes back up).

You can buy or build an aqua silencer for it. If you do a google search for "how to quiet a hob overflow" you will get a few nice ideas.

Back
Top Bottom