Jellyfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pat8you

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a buddy who really likes jellies and is having trouble finding good info on them since they aren't all that common. Anyone keep them or have a link to good info on what you need to keep them or any special requirements then need?

What type of jellies is he interested in? They tend to be quite a bit of work and I can give some rudimentary advice later on tonight :)

I don't think he has his heart set on any particular kind. He does know they they can be quite difficult. So he has at least some idea what he is up against. I imagine he would want to start with some easier ones. I can meet you in the chat later if your going to be on.

One of the LFS's I go to occasionally has cassiopeia sp, Upside Down jellies. They look pretty cool...I guess.

From WetWebMedia: Cassiopeia spp. are zooxanthellate organisms that require large, intensely lit, mature systems, with low flow, a deep sand bed, and available nanoplankton. Also of note is that these Scyphozoans shed stinging nematocysts into the water, which can potentially sting you and/or any other livestock therein. All things considered, these jellies do best in large (over 100g) species, or biotope systems.

Back
Top Bottom