Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-03-2013, 04:48 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Just about freaked out lol

So when I originally put my cleaner shrimp in my tank he immediately went to my power head and one of its tentacles got sucked in requiring me to turn it off for him to get away from it. So tonight when I went to turn off the light first thing I saw was what appeared to be the cleaner shrimps mangled body being sucked into it. Needless to say I was bummed. Well once I removed it I looked in his normal hiding spot since I knew they molted and sure enough he was still there. Sigh of relief lol

On another note going on two weeks and I hardly ever see my Christmas wrasse. He was usually out during the day when my wife is home but she's away visiting family on the mainland. I feed yesterday and he never came out. Maybe he has a good diet of bristle worms lol. Anyways feed again tomorrow and see.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:06 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That's scary! My cleaner died when I switched him to a new tank and he didnt know how to avoid the overflow.

He always used to hover behind my koralias. They play with fire!

Old 05-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yea mine don't hover. It hides during the day in a rock and soon as lights are off it comes out.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

I just exchanged my coral banded shrimp because he was very territorial and wouldn't leave one spot. He was also snapping at his mates that were getting close to his spot. The new one is actually all over the place during the day and at night and actually tries to clean the fish.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com