Just added a banner fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesH

Aquarium Advice Activist
He was getting showed who was boss for a hour by the yellow eyed tang but they nw seem to be best buddy's

Attachments

• image-2437384851.jpg
    image-2437384851.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 109
yea made sure hes was went to lfs everyday for a week to check he was eating and had no sign of white spot because for sum reason a lot of there fish seem to be getting it! :( have u had any experaince with this fish?

i got a few of them for customers, but never kept one for any length of time. i have heard that they can be tricky to get eating though. you did the right thing watching him first.

tahnks doug am slowing learning how this hobby pays to be patient! what is ur addvice on a blue throat trigger i have read they are the less agrasive of the triggers but do u think it wud nip at the long fin of the banner?

what size tank is this again? i don't think the blue throat would nip at the heniochus, but i'm not sure about anything else like inverts or corals. again, it's ultimately up to the fish. the normal behavior of certain fish doesn't always apply.

i have a 300l what i think is abwt 70 to 80 gal. im doing a fish only set up

i would stay away from triggers then. they get a little big for your tank. if you get a juvenile, you won't be able to keep it very long.

ok tanks for the advice do u no if u can keep 2 fuzzy lion fish together as i already have 1 but am thinking of 1 more fish i can add

what about a pigmy angel? like a flame or potters?
i suppose 2 lionfish would be fine together, but be careful of too many predators. you'll end up having to dump a lot of food in the tank for them and it will be harder to stay on top of the water parameters.

just looked up the flame angle they are pritty cool wd u say 1 fuzzy 1 yellow eyed tang 1 banner and 1 flame angle whould do my tank?

Banners get fairly large, can be aggressive as they age, and may or may not feed on invertebrates (coral, feather dusters, etc.) Make sure you get a large flame angel so the lionfish doesn't take as much interest.

Thanks for the info. I have no plans for inverts or corals at all because unfortunately I dnt have the time or money :( so doing fish only my fuzzy lion is only small at the mo abwt a inch and a have aprox trying to get him feeding on dilie fish but not interested will only take brine shrimp any tips?

Lance fish is it? The little frozen fish that u can buy in a pack

Cud well be! Would dipping them in garlic guard be worth trying? He seems to go for it but looses interest half way there!!!:/

Back
Top Bottom