Just got a mandarin goby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blackfish down

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Wish me luck and please leave advice. I hope it will include some pellets in its diet because its food is overpriced!

Unfortunately, mandarins don't usually eat pellets. :-( They tend not to eat frozen food either. They almost always eat pods, live food that is in your tank.

My green spotted mandarin eats everything from pods at night to pellets that fall to the sand bed and even blood worms. I bought him from the LFS where they said he would eat the blood worms and come to find out he sucks up the pellets too!

There are supposedly ways to train them to eat frozen foods...but I've never tried. I'd just keep reefs2go on hotdial for lots of pods. Their deals are the best ive found overall.

ask where u got the MG and see what he was eating there. it all depends on how and where it was breed and raised. like carey said, they dont usually eat anything but the pods. but ive been to a few stores where they were already trained to eat a variety. keep close watch though, i had one die of starvation before i knew about them. very cool fish but can be hard to keep. iphone has an app for Coral magazine thats free. u can view whole issues. they have one on there now all about the mandarin goby. check it out.

Back
Top Bottom