Just Got a Regal Angel.... someone help!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chadk712

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just got a regal angel about 5 days ago... he has not come out of my living color cave and he hides there all of the time..... A few questions.... Will he ever come out? Does he eat somthing in there cause i cant tell?? Is there anyway to make him come out of the cave and become more active in the aquarium?? Thanks

Tank info: 110 gallon, all levels normal, food- frozen krill, frozen mix, silver sides, other fish- Small clown trigger, small tomato clown and a snowflake eel..

No live rock only live sand... All Living color corals.

WELCOME TO AA!!

Is he eating? Can you tell us about your other critters/tank size/equipment? You can update that info in "my info".

you definatly need to give us more info. From what i have heard they are almost impossible to keep unless they are in a reef tank (even though they might not be completely reef safe) or a tank loaded with live rock.

Welcome to AquarimAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
While it is normal for a newly added fish to hide for a few days, five days is a bit long. As mentioned...we need some more info. Size of tank, age of tank, other inhabbitants, water parameters (NH3, NO2, NO3, Ph, SG, Temp), what are you feeding?

Honestly, it's best to have the regal in a quarantine tank first, for at least a 3-4 weeks. It's much easier to monitor the regal as well as to get the fish to eat. It also gives the regal more confidence once it begins to eat and not have to fight for food with the others.

Wish you the best of luck, Regals are beautiful fish and my favorite.

Hi,
I recently got a majestic angel and she acts the same way. She was swimming around a lot at first and now realized she can hide under a rock. I can't get her to come out if people are in the room. Let me know how it goes and if your regal eventually comes out.

Back
Top Bottom