Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-23-2006, 02:39 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just Got a Regal Angel.... someone help!!!!

I just got a regal angel about 5 days ago... he has not come out of my living color cave and he hides there all of the time..... A few questions.... Will he ever come out? Does he eat somthing in there cause i cant tell?? Is there anyway to make him come out of the cave and become more active in the aquarium?? Thanks

Tank info: 110 gallon, all levels normal, food- frozen krill, frozen mix, silver sides, other fish- Small clown trigger, small tomato clown and a snowflake eel..

No live rock only live sand... All Living color corals.

chadk712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 04:56 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64

Is he eating? Can you tell us about your other critters/tank size/equipment? You can update that info in "my info".

Age is relative, you are only as old as you act....of course, this works in reverse....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Acronym List

roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:31 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
you definatly need to give us more info. From what i have heard they are almost impossible to keep unless they are in a reef tank (even though they might not be completely reef safe) or a tank loaded with live rock.
JM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:14 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to AquarimAdvice.com!!!
While it is normal for a newly added fish to hide for a few days, five days is a bit long. As mentioned...we need some more info. Size of tank, age of tank, other inhabbitants, water parameters (NH3, NO2, NO3, Ph, SG, Temp), what are you feeding?
Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose yet can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!:p
Have a great day! Brian
lando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 12:29 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular
Honestly, it's best to have the regal in a quarantine tank first, for at least a 3-4 weeks. It's much easier to monitor the regal as well as to get the fish to eat. It also gives the regal more confidence once it begins to eat and not have to fight for food with the others.

Wish you the best of luck, Regals are beautiful fish and my favorite.
nycpassat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:38 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently got a majestic angel and she acts the same way. She was swimming around a lot at first and now realized she can hide under a rock. I can't get her to come out if people are in the room. Let me know how it goes and if your regal eventually comes out.

courtneyclv is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com