Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-16-2003, 06:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
Just received my live rock!

I just got my live rock from tampabay saltwater, and it some pretty nice stuff I got 30 Lbs wet base rock for 2.50 a pound. Also 20 Lbs of decorator rock for 4.00 a Pound. I stacked the base rock and the the decor on top. Compared to any LFS Iv'e been around here, there is soo much stuff on this rock, I don't even know what most of it is. I know some of it will die off, but there is allot of stuff big and Little. I'm currently waiting on the digicam to get home, as soon as it does I will take some pictures. I need an Id on some Orange stuff that feels gummy and covers one rock like a blanket. Lots of little crabs. They look brown with almost un-noticable white pin stripes. So give me some time and I'll get those pics over as soon as possible.

ReefRaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 06:52 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

The orange stuff sounds like a sponge. Congratsd on your LR. Make sure you take some pics and post them, especially of the wet base rock, always curious how it would look.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 07:51 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
Ok here are some pics. I had to list them off server, because I forgot to knock the size down. Fishfreek, If you could reduce the size, so I can put them in the photogallery, I would apreciate it just send them back to wagnertim2000@yahoo.com it is a 10 meg box.

here is the pics-----> http://68.21.254.251/50G/

Kevin, the rock with the snail on it is some of the base rock. also some of the pics I was trying to get a pic of what looks like curly Q anemone, but it's hard to see (no macro)

what,s the bubble stuff?
Old 05-16-2003, 09:01 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Now adding sand, it's a whiteout
Old 05-16-2003, 09:14 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Do I need to or can I run my powerheads and filter, after all the sand is in?
Old 05-16-2003, 09:17 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

I would turn them on. The curing LR needs the waterflow. The water movement will also lessen the amount that settles on the LR.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 09:40 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

The orange stuff is definately sponges.

Brian
Old 05-16-2003, 10:11 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to alrmc4
wow how can my lfs call their rock live it is nothing like that looks wonderful congrats!!!
http://www.shutterbugs-gallery.com/forum/portal.php
alrmc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 11:02 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

how does it look now? "Day-0" today!

Ps. I reduced the resolution this time.
Old 05-16-2003, 11:07 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Forgot to ask. Can/should I add the 2 lbs live sand now? or wait. currantly I keeping it warm in my other aquarium, by floating the bag.

Tags
live, live rock, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com