Keeping track

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FloridaNewbie

Aquarium Advice Regular
i had seen it somewhere in this Forum before a site where you can keep track of your reading, and log all your changes to the tank. It was like an Online Journal of the tank, does anyone have or use anything like that ??

Thanks

Leo

I did a quick search on google of aquarium journals. I didn't find any web site, right off the bat but I did find a journal that you can keep at home. Personally, I have been thinking about just using a calender.
Here is the product I found:
www.aquariumjournals.com
Maybe some one else can chime in.

Excel spreadsheet... if you're a spreadsheet type of person! Dates in the rows, water parameters and notes in the columns.

Within one spreadsheet, I have a tab/worksheet for my main tank, quarantine tank, as well as a saltwater "inventory" tab. Whenever I make an addition/subtraction from my saltwater mix/inventory tank I note it. Makes it nice to know exactly how much water is in there when it comes time to adjust the SG after adding some too salty/not salty enough new water. I've got another tab/worksheet in there that gives me the adjusted salt to water ratios (for a higher SG than on the package) for different quantities of water.

I also just added a couple columns that I "fill" with color to note when I added/changed carbon, or when I did a water change. Blue for water change, black for carbon.

Yeah - I'm anal.

Thanks for the sites guys, i think i am going to do the same thing Diane is doing, just a notebook for now.
Thanks
Leo

dianeww said:
Way to go, Newbie Leo! Do we really need computers for EVERYTHING? :D
Diane
Only AA and ordering stuff online! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom