Killer fighting conch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Themonsterisme

Aquarium Advice Freak
Not sure of the name of these little snails (nerfite?) but one of them laid a bunch of eggs on the glass in a lower turbulence area in the DT...then it started it's way back down to the sand and out of the depths rises my fighting conch and proceeds to climb the glass meeting the smaller snail halfway...seconds later I look over and it has the other snail in its foot and it lets go of the glass and falls to the sand...about 20 min later the conch has the snail out of its shell and completely in its foot other than a small white spot...it has never attacked any other snail before and it eats well...any ideas?
And what are the chances of the snail eggs hatching?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388856334.455456.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388856362.051962.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388856450.982253.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388856464.777404.jpg

I've seen lots of snails reproduce in tanks.... I'm not familiar with those... But it can happen.

Back
Top Bottom