Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #121
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry to hear that..Angels are so sensitive to water conditions ...Are your trates high

FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #122
Aquarium Advice Addict

5... but just did pwc last night. Maybe the pwc did it?

Old 03-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #123
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hmm reading along in this thread I'm wondering if you have something in your tank. Like do you spray air fresheners near it? Or bug bombs? Any kind of chemicals? Seems like A LOT of bad luck. Maybe get a canopy?

How are you acclimating?

I know you said you're experienced but SOMETHING doesn't seem right. Even if fish have ich it won't show until they are stressed out (though, ich might stress them out enough).
scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #124
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fish room is just that. I don't spray anything in or near it. Canopy sounds like a good idea.... I left it empty so long because I had the same thought that something was in it. Idk... I do like the canopy idea.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #125
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kio707
Went home and the angel was gasping for air. Tried to put him in 10g but lost him. No spots or marks. I've never had luck with dwarf angels, idk why. Goby is actually being sociable and coming out, Trigger is getting better, too. Eel still just hides until feeding time.

Angel was eating and also picking at rocks. Constantly in and out the rocks. It's so weird how they are active and all over the place, then the next thing you know, they are gone... annoying.
I had a Flame Angel for months. Did great and then just topped eating. Sorry about your fish.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #126
Aquarium Advice Regular

I had the same. Flame angel was in tank very happy then two days later it was having trouble breathing and died. Sorry for the loss and hope it didnt cost £75 it cost me.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #127
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
I've kept many flame angels and they all lived for years until I broke the tanks down and sold them. I don't find them hard to keep at all.
There are other factors, besides the obvious acclimation and parameter issues to think about. For instance, collection techniques, shipping stress, parasites, etc.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:52 PM   #128
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X
I've kept many flame angels and they all lived for years until I broke the tanks down and sold them. I don't find them hard to keep at all.
There are other factors, besides the obvious acclimation and parameter issues to think about. For instance, collection techniques, shipping stress, parasites, etc.
Agreed.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #129
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quick update. Fish are good. Trigger is still shy. Have a butterfly fish, not sure the name, but I'll get pics. He's kinda bland. Also have a dog face puffer. He actually curls up and sleeps on a rock at night... Just like a dog. Eel is sneaky, but good, so is watchman. Nice to have the tank active again.

On a side night. Was going to get a regal tang. My lfs held it for a week. Went back in to get it, and they told me no, I couldn't get it today. Asked y, they said it had a couple of spots and they weren't going to risk my tank for the sale. That is y I like this place. Actually care for their customers over the $$$$. So my question is this. If they sell it to me, do I put it in a hypoed QT or just QT it? They won't sell it unless it has 0 spots. I'm not trying to screw up again...
Old 03-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #130
Aquarium Advice Addict

As promised, pics.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com