Kio707 tank 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will have to see how the betta is in the DT, but right now, he's pretty calm. Comes to the glass when I feed, never bothers the clown or Koran. I see him day and night, never hides. He also eats frozen foods... So we shall see... I've also seen clowns and other fish with these guys in those videos... He could easily eat the Koran, goby, and clown if he wanted. They even swim with the betta, so hopefully I got lucky.

I didn't know Koran took forever to grow. Guess I get to enjoy the colors longer then I thought.

Raised DT salinity, too. Now up to 1.009. No signs of issues, prams holding steady. Idk, hopefully I'm good... Just one day at a time.

Kio707 said:
I will have to see how the betta is in the DT, but right now, he's pretty calm. Comes to the glass when I feed, never bothers the clown or Koran. I see him day and night, never hides. He also eats frozen foods... So we shall see... I've also seen clowns and other fish with these guys in those videos... He could easily eat the Koran, goby, and clown if he wanted. They even swim with the betta, so hopefully I got lucky.

I didn't know Koran took forever to grow. Guess I get to enjoy the colors longer then I thought.

Raised DT salinity, too. Now up to 1.009. No signs of issues, prams holding steady. Idk, hopefully I'm good... Just one day at a time.

That's the right attitude to have!

That's the right attitude to have!
+1 (y)

Yeah korans change over very slow IME..
I knew a guy who got an emp the same time i got the koran and it changed full in under 2 years ..Both were about an inch
Here is mine at around 3 years old
5905170578_9ccf0e0964_z.jpg

FTMMWS said:
+1 (y)

Yeah korans change over very slow IME..
I knew a guy who got an emp the same time i got the koran and it changed full in under 2 years ..Both were about an inch
Here is mine at around 3 years old

Wow... That fish is beautiful! So my daughter will be old enough to see it change... Very cool... Glad I went with the Koran...

I have another question for the experts, what do y'all think about a garage build? I have a 140g that I'm repairing. Wife said I can have another tank as long as is isn't in the house... Lol... Was going to set it up in the garage. Bad idea?

Might need a chiller and a heater for sure. Lol. I would imagine evaporation would be horrible in a garage.

Kio707 said:
Live in Colorado, so I'm taking that into account.

Personally- I might consider closing in your garage and running a few ducts from the main house's ac unit in there before. I live in Florida and my garage gets up to 100 degrees in the summer and nights in the winter it is as cold as 20 degree (on the coldest nights).

But hey- if your wife says anything about doing the above- tell her you are planning on making a den for the house. Lol. It could be your own personal man/fish cave.

Jlsardina said:
Also- you may want to look into putting a dehumidifier in there too.

Just my two cents.

Not sure if you need a dehumidifier. I've been to Colorado many times to see family and I don't think I've seen the humidity get above 12%. Then again, I'm from upstate NY and everywhere is dry to me (except Florida):).

SeanMonster said:
Not sure if you need a dehumidifier. I've been to Colorado many times to see family and I don't think I've seen the humidity get above 12%. Then again, I'm from upstate NY and everywhere is dry to me (except Florida):).

Yeah, humidity is very low here... Especially during the summer...

Ever since I started bringing up the salinity the yellow tang has been all over the place. I've seen snails I haven't seen in weeks. Hopefully everyone is going to be ok.

Remember the fish are mellowed out in hypo . Since it's going up they are returning to normal behavior . I noticed my mimic being rather spunky since mine is going up .

Hondatek said:
Remember the fish are mellowed out in hypo . Since it's going up they are returning to normal behavior . I noticed my mimic being rather spunky since mine is going up .

That's awesome... Yeah, mine seems more sociable too... Also the beta has a unique way of eating. He'll wait for the frozen shrimp to settle in the bottom, then fan his tail and make it come up so he can eat it... I tried to take a video, but it was to dark... He's awesome.

Lil update... I got a partial clean up crew. Fire shrimp, cleaner shrimp, 10 snails (turbo, zebra, astra), 2 emerald crabs, banded coral shrimp, urchin. All in 10g with beta and others. Beta hasn't touched anyone. Still eats formula 2 and frozen.

Lil update... I got a partial clean up crew. Fire shrimp, cleaner shrimp, 10 snails (turbo, zebra, astra), 2 emerald crabs, banded coral shrimp, urchin. All in 10g with beta and others. Beta hasn't touched anyone. Still eats formula 2 and frozen.
You like living on the edge i see:D
I hope your betta doesn't look at it as snack time soon

Congrats on your new additions....pictures? LOL.

Let us know how the CBS does with the other Shrimp. ;) I would like to know for my 125g.

redsea said:
Congrats on your new additions....pictures? LOL.

Let us know how the CBS does with the other Shrimp. ;) I would like to know for my 125g.

Yes same here! I'd like one for my 66 but i hae my doubts!

Anyways, awesome additions! Hopefully it all goes well;)

The shrimp in QT... Taken about 2 min ago.. Of course the Koran had to get it the shot... Lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom