Kio707 tank 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now I need a flow answer. I have a magnum 7 and 2 1400's. Is that over kill for the 150g?

carey said:
I'm running 2 1400's and a return pump that does 1500gph. My fish seem fine. :)

My return isn't that high, was only for my 90g. My overflow can take 1800gph, but I think my tank is at 1000... Maybe less

Well, I'm getting rid of my tank. I lost my tusk and the guys in the DT have ich... again. I managed to kill a $215 fish. Guess I'm not as good with this hobby as I thought. I appreciate all your help and advice, but I'm walking away. Thank you for everything.

Dont quit kio. Just leave the tank empty for 8 weeks and qt a normally priced fish and start slowly stocking. I know this is the second time it has happened but don't get rid of the tank.

Well, I'm getting rid of my tank. I lost my tusk and the guys in the DT have ich... again. I managed to kill a $215 fish. Guess I'm not as good with this hobby as I thought. I appreciate all your help and advice, but I'm walking away. Thank you for everything.
:(:(
Uh man,,sorry ,,but what happen to the tusk?Thought he was fine in QT?
I agree with honda too,,its tough now ,but in 6 months or so you'll get the itch to set up again...

Kio707 said:

I understand. Take a break. Youve gone through alot

Maybe I'm playing the devils advocate here, but if someone wants to walk away to stop killing fish, why do we try and convince them to keep trying? Success starts with a state of mind. I had to walk away from the hobby for 7 years before starting back up. In those 7 years I learned a lot of things that have helped me run and maintain my tank. I'm sorry for your losses but you need to do what you feel is best.

I agree sergie but I still won't tell someone to give up. He has worked real hard and had a lot of issues for sure. That doesn't mean he should let the ick stop him from fish keeping all together. Wish you all the best whatever you decide kio.

I think he has learned the hard way(like a lot of us have) and was on the right path to making it right..Had a bump in the road somewhere but at least he knows now how to do it...I think thats the key...There are thousands probably millions of others who rely on LFS/petco misguided people for info and are constantly killing fish over and over..At least he is on this forum and seeking information to be better..Telling him to just go ahead and quit something he and all of us here love to do isn't going to help or make him feel better,,worse probably..

I understand I'm not telling him to quit, I just think he needs to do whatever he feels is best. We will all be here no matter what choice he makes.

FTMMWS said:
I think he has learned the hard way(like a lot of us have) and was on the right path to making it right..Had a bump in the road somewhere but at least he knows now how to do it...I think thats the key...There are thousands probably millions of others who rely on LFS/petco misguided people for info and are constantly killing fish over and over..At least he is on this forum and seeking information to be better..Telling him to just go ahead and quit something he and all of us here love to do isn't going to help or make him feel better,,worse probably..

And what these lfs/petco folks don't realize, is yes they sell fish up front, but they chase a lot of people out of the hobby long term. That makes it worse for everyone. Take a break and come back when you are ready.

Kio707 said:

Hi I feel so sorry for you. You must be feeling very devastated right now. But I agree with everyone that's telling you not to give up.

I appreciate the encouragement and response. After reading a couple of response, I feel as some take me as a rookie, or someone who just threw fish in a tank and said good luck to them. I've done my research, have had a beautiful reef tank before, and trust me, if I don't know, I'll ask or look it up else where. Google is a great tool...:)... lol. I'm going to leave the tank completely empty and just have inverts in it. If after the 8-10 weeks it's still in me, I'll be back in the hobby. Thank you once again for your help and encouragement.

I dont think your a beginner at all, just a dude with big tanks and alotta bad luck!

Good your keeping with it man

Just give it time. You provided me with alot of helpful information as I got my tank up and running. I was upset when I lost a couple hundred due to my own mistakes and mismanagement...but learning from it all. Every time I feel discouraged, I look at my duncan which continues to flourish. If it wasn't for your help, it wouldn't be doing as well as it is.

Don't feel bad, I lost a $200 Queen trigger because my LFS (closed) told me I could keep him in a 55g a week after it was set-up. This was a couple years ago so I obviously learned from my mistakes. I've lost $500 on other fish (angels, tangs, triggers) and coral as well but I stayed in the hobby and it's taught me to be better at fish keeping.

Back
Top Bottom