Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #301
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, did my good deed of the year. Saw a kid on craiglist that is in the boy scouts and wants to build a tank. I told him I have a CPR overflow, 29g sump, and skimmer. Kid said he didn't have much money and saw u had it for sale for $150... Told him to come over and we'll talk. Explained to him how to set it up, showed him my tank, and gave him some advice and of course our forum and other fish sites. Found out his father was deployed with a unit I know. So after explaining everything, talking to his mom, I decided to just let the kid have the stuff... I'd rather he had a head start with good equipment, then be like me and fail when I started this hobby. Already warned him he'll out grow that 55g in no time. Lol... Just glad a could help a future hobbyist and the boy scouts out... Can't wait till my daughters old enough and I can teach and show her...

Old 04-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #302
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kio707
Well, did my good deed of the year. Saw a kid on craiglist that is in the boy scouts and wants to build a tank. I told him I have a CPR overflow, 29g sump, and skimmer. Kid said he didn't have much money and saw u had it for sale for $150... Told him to come over and we'll talk. Explained to him how to set it up, showed him my tank, and gave him some advice and of course our forum and other fish sites. Found out his father was deployed with a unit I know. So after explaining everything, talking to his mom, I decided to just let the kid have the stuff... I'd rather he had a head start with good equipment, then be like me and fail when I started this hobby. Already warned him he'll out grow that 55g in no time. Lol... Just glad a could help a future hobbyist and the boy scouts out... Can't wait till my daughters old enough and I can teach and show her...
That's awesome Kio. Being a believer in Karma, I think you just earned a whole lot of it. I think the SW gods will smile down on you now .

Old 04-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #303
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMonster

That's awesome Kio. Being a believer in Karma, I think you just earned a whole lot of it. I think the SW gods will smile down on you now .
Let's hope so... Started raising the salinity in DT... Had issues with it.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #304
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kio707 View Post
Let's hope so... Started raising the salinity in DT... Had issues with it.
What kind of issues?
Love that marine betta BTW,,very cool fish
FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #305
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTMMWS
What kind of issues?
Love that marine betta BTW,,very cool fish
Ammonia going up.. Do a pwc to bring it down, check 2 days later and same issue... All fish are accounted for... Idk... Think it's BB dying off? Trites where up a lil too...
Old 04-07-2012, 08:53 PM   #306
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kio707 View Post
Great move there bud. Earned my respect helping out the son of one of our finest.

We have a young man in our local reef club. Did a couple tours in Iraq and now has a new wife and a baby. This young man is always offering to do for others at the drop of the hat. The other night, he asked me if I could help him with some DIY stuff. No hesitation on my part even though he lives 1-1/2 hours away. I will do anything I can to help this guy out. He earned it my book and he continues to earn it.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #307
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Good luck!
Old 04-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #308
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tested QT and trites where off the chart. Did a 30% pwc. All fish are ok, but man, what a scare. DT had a 30% pwc last night. I decided not to raise the salinity. Everything has tested ok. Imma set up the 60g and use it as a QT. That 10g is good for one fish, but not 5.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #309
Aquarium Advice Addict

Couple of pics...
Old 04-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #310
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

That betta is so cool looking . Is that the naso in the last pic?

^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com