Kio707 tank 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
K. Got two fish in DT. No signs of ich and they r eating. Do I need to fish them out. I got inverts, so hypo in DT is out.

I do. But looks like I'm going rock fishing... Lol... No way these fish will go easy... Especially the lunar wrasse and yellow watchman. Can anyone explain why some fish don't get ich?

Its not that they don't get it but more when they get and for how long..Sometimes you'll never see spots but they can still be hosting ..The fish MUST come out or your DT will never truly be fallow and never be ick free

FTMMWS said:
Its not that they don't get it but more when they get and for how long..Sometimes you'll never see spots but they can still be hosting ..The fish MUST come out or your DT will never truly be fallow and never be ick free

Got it. Any tips on getting a snow flake eel out? He's just a baby, but in the LR.

Only way i ever got all my fish out was to remove everything ...I know ,its gonna stink,,but can't really think of another way

FTMMWS said:
Only way i ever got all my fish out was to remove everything ...I know ,its gonna stink,,but can't really think of another way

This probably wont help him to stay in the hobby...but ya it seems like the only way..

If your eel is hungry you can tempt him with food and then catch him. I caught porc chop with a bucket half way in the tank . Showed him a clam and tossed it in a bucket and he went right in for it. Then I just tilted the bucket up and he was out.

Got it... May dump the water from dt to rubbermaid and put LR in it. My puffer is still alive and in qt. so is orange clown. Working on the rest. Thanks guys/gals... Keeping my hopes alive.

Ok, all fish are out. Had to leave eel in his rock. I tried to get it out, but was afraid of killing something else. So, clown, lunar wrasse, blue line puffer (found him!), and eel in QT. Also got to redo aqua scape. Thanks for y'alls help and encouragement! 1 month to go and lord willing I'll be good. 1 month, right??? QT is at 1.009 (refractometer) DT only had inverts.

Just read the cycle was one month. Maybe that was just hypo. Can't hurt. I'll wait the 8 weeks.

I would definitely do 8 weeks ...In a year from now it won't matter and you'll be glad you did it

Thinking of getting LED lighting... Maybe reef compatible. Tank is 72", broke up into three sections by 2 braces. Any ideas? No, I'm not a DIY guy...lol

Well, quick update. Lunar wrasse and puffer didn't survive. The eel, yellow watchman, and clown have no spots. Should I wait to raise the salinity? Also I bought some inverts. Chocolate chip star, arrow crab, and 2 peppermint shrimp.

Also, lfs says no way ich can kill a fish in a week. He says there is something else wrong. Took a water sample to him, like mine, all readings good. pH 8.3, amo 0, trite 0, trate 2.5. So idk. Either way. No new fish till Apr 4th.

Last edited:
Well the arrow crab is agressive and will probably kill all other inverts in your tank.... :( are they in the qt tank?

Back
Top Bottom