Kio707 tank 2.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kio707

Aquarium Advice Addict
K, so my tank was wiped out by ich. Tried treating with chemicals (reef safe) and it failed. So, tanks been empty 3 weeks or so. Added a UV sterilizer, done water changes, and basically waiting.

With that being said. I have a tusk waiting at LFS till the 18th of FEB and have the 10g QT up and running. In QT I have a b&w clown, O. Clown, and rusty dwarf angel. Hopefully this works out and in 3 weeks I'll add them to DT... Wish me luck.

Not happy, but had to bring tusk home today. It's so big the 10g QT won't hold it. I'm praying the ick is gone with all the efforts I put in place and have made. Wish me luck....

Last edited:
Go get a 30 gallon tote from Walmart...
It is a beautiful fish ,,definitely on my list..'Good luck ,but i wouldn't chance it

Kio707 said:
Not happy, but had to bring tusk home today. It's so big the 10g QT won't hold it. I'm praying the ick is gone with all the efforts I put in place and have made. Wish me luck....

Thats unfortunate!! Im hoping it works out for you. Also see you got a puffer!

Gboy66 said:
Thats unfortunate!! Im hoping it works out for you. Also see you got a puffer!

Yeah. A blue spotted puffer. He'll fit in the QT.

FTMMWS said:
Go get a 30 gallon tote from Walmart...
It is a beautiful fish ,,definitely on my list..'Good luck ,but i wouldn't chance it

I don't have the filter or other equipment to set up a 30g tote QT. LFS guy seems to think i'll be ok. He's seen and knows my tank. We shall see. Got a backup plan, just in case.

Kio, very nice Tusk. I got a fish that I have been waiting for for awhile, Blue Powder Tang. And no problems with my Naso :).

What were you going to use on the 10?It will work on the tote,,Just trying to help ,but if you feel safe about adding him then go for it

FTMMWS said:
What were you going to use on the 10?It will work on the tote,,Just trying to help ,but if you feel safe about adding him then go for it

Yeah. Just got a crappy filter system for the 10g. May invest in that 30g tote. Just put a heater in it? What about filtration? I do appreciate ur help and advice. Please don't think I was disregarding it.

Kio707 said:
Yeah. Just got a crappy filter system for the 10g. May invest in that 30g tote. Just put a heater in it? What about filtration? I do appreciate ur help and advice. Please don't think I was disregarding it.

You dont need crazy filtration, an Aqua Clear 70 would do the trick..

Yeah ,even a top fin or petco brand ..and a cheapo heater and your good to go...I know you weren't discounting my suggestion so ,no worries..Just that i know exactly what your going through,and believe me,its worth it to do it..

Back
Top Bottom