Knocked Down Snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alaher2

Aquarium Advice Activist
If you see a snail turned upside down on its shell lying in the substrate, is that snail able to get back up on its own or does it need help getting back upright? I was wondering if I should be the one to make sure the guy gets back on his feet, or he will be able to do so on its own? I would really appreciate any input.

I read you need to help it asap or it will die in a few hours.

Most snails can upright themselves, with the exception of Astraea Conehead Snails, there may be some otheras well, but they come to mind. I flip mine back just in case. Keep in mind, while they are flipped, they can easily be munched by other critters, like other snails or crabs.

yeah, i noticed on e of my snails upside yesterday. i didnt flip him because i thought he should be able to do it himself, i mean how can they survive if not? turns out he couldnt flip back over, i noticed after one day he was still in the same spot. i flipped him and he scooted off. SUCKS TO BE A SNAIL.

I always flip mine over. They are very suseptible to attack if they remain like that.

Good....I just wanted to make sure I wasn't hurting the guy by picking him when he fell off of the rock.

Back
Top Bottom