Koralia 750 Powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettababe1011

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm thinking of getting a koralia 750 for my 55 gallon tank. Will one be enough or do I need two? And where can I get them for the lowest price?

I have 2 in my 30 and i think its too much so 2 in a 55 should be ok. Get them from amazon, free shipping and cheap

I dont know of there is a size like that, but you want 2 so you have flow from differant directions

I know your talking saltwater. But I had a 750 in my 75g and it was horrible IMO the water movement and flow was just awful. I ended up buying I think it was the 1050 and I'm much much happier.

Anyway. The flow for your 55 saltwater will depend on what you wanna keep also. You may have corals that prefer high to medium flow rather then coral that only need low to moderate flow. After knowing how you wanna stock it then I think you can make a better decision. Do you want flow? Of course... I'm not sure you'll be happy with one however. What are you using as a filter? That will cause flow as well...

Koralia has a chart and will tell you the gph of each power head. I think and again again this is my opinion but I think they under rate the flow of the power heads. I have a bio cube 29 with 2 Koralia 425's and an upgraded pump from stock to the MJ1200 and I love the flow, I also have the power heads alternate every hour, I use the Hydor smart wave.

Everyone loves Koralia, but I'm not a fan, I like their looks, and the magnet, but I like maxijets flow better. And they are cheaper and multi-purpose

Back
Top Bottom