Koran angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbarcomb

Aquarium Advice Regular
I keep a korAn angel in a tank with triggers and a puffer and the Koran is the newest in the tank it looks like it has white spots forming on it's fins but it is still eating and very active is it something I should worry about?

Be on the safe side and treat for the possible ich.

Take him out and QT him for few days before the potential disease outbreak.

Could also be stress spots ..Does it look like ich(like salt was sprinkled on him),or is it right on his skin,like its fading spots

It's not it ich I know that for sure. Cause it's just a couple spots on his fin. Do u think it might be becAuse he's new in the tank? None of the other fish have it and they all are acting fine and eating well.

And I would put him into my qt tank but it is currently occupied by a trigger and a few damsels.

My porc puffer had those on him and then I had an outbreak of ick and 3 fish died. Treat for ick.

It's not ich cause I know what that looks like. And I also can't use medicine in the tank cause my puffer is super sensitive to any thing that goes in the tank.

Then they are stress spots...Angels are known to get them
Could you get a pic??

I'll try to get a pic but the angels constantly moving.......but u think it might be cause he's stressed?

The other fish that was added with him at the same time is doing great! But the angels the only one that has the spots on his fins and is only like 4-5 little spots

I'll try to get a pic but the angels constantly moving.......but u think it might be cause he's stressed?

The other fish that was added with him at the same time is doing great! But the angels the only one that has the spots on his fins and is only like 4-5 little spots

I think stress if the color is fading in certain arears. I just lost a Koran 2 days ago with the same thing. He was eating well and very active for 2 weeks. Color started fading away except for his tail fin. He was in isolation the entire time. No matter what I tried to do he still got worse, then died.
Good luck. I hope he makes it

This is a juvi emp with a lot of stress spots....
Does it look anything like this

Attachments

• b1056ade_Emperor.jpg
    b1056ade_Emperor.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 77
  • b8671ca1_Emperor2.jpg
    b8671ca1_Emperor2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom