Koran angel won't leave the live rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeithFrancis

Aquarium Advice Activist
Noticed that my Angel fish is hiding in my display tank rock work! I have had him and a sailfin tang housed together the last few months with no problem...even during feeding, he's shy and not coming out! Any advise would help. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What are the current parameters in the tank? Can you tell us more about the system? Have there been any recent changes?
A fish hiding is an obvious sign of stress, but there are many reasons to what the cause can be. More details can help us narrow the search.

Haven't checked the parameters since in about a month, at which time they were perfect!
As far as anything new, I came home from a weeklong vacation and everything was still fine, he was out and feeding..then over the last few days I've noticed him in hiding.
I did a 20 percent water change today, hoping that will help..I did notice the blenny get chased away today by the tang, when he came out of hiding

Well perfect and fine aren't exact parameters. If you haven't done a water change in over a month, your nitrates have been rising for a long time unchecked. This is most likely your stressor. You should be doing water changes weekly.

I'm embarrassed to say that I use my LF S to do my parameter checking!
So when I say water parameters were good, fine..that's pretty much he told me!
That said, Angel still in hiding and not feeding...I will get water tested and do another water change on the weekend? (Should I do 2 in a week 20%)

Thanks Hank...will update when I have the exact parameters! Angel would swim around tank and feed 2x a day, no new tank mates. And established tank of 3 plus years ( note I lost a fair size fish stock to ick about a year and a half ago, but let the tank go fallow since then)

Ok, I will do a large (30%?) change tommor..cut back the 2 small pinches of food to every other day? Try and get parameters in check, and update the progress! Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom