Krill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigbrother

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is it safe to feed my porcupine puffer krill i had heard that it could be bad for him in the long run ?

Are you talking about freeze dried or frozen? I know freeze dried foods are bad for puffers in general because it leads to them swallowing air. As for krill in general, I'm not sure.

I don't think it would be a problem, but a puffer needs to eat things with shells, like snails, to wear down it's teeth. I have heard of people having to catch the fish and snip the tooth off with clippers because it got so big the fish could no longer eat.

It's frozen krill an yea i feed him crab aswell I just wanted to make sure krill was safe for him

Krill is an ok treat. Remember to feed your puff a variety of crustaceans. Krill is not very nutritious. Frozen/fresh crustaceans are a whole lot healthier than freeze dried.

Mine eats whole krill with no real issues. Get a clam from the supermarket and open it for him . Put in the tank and he will chew on it and wear down his beak.

It's not freeze dried krill it's only frozen it come in two large packets an it seems that web he poops it looks like the same stuff he ate the day be4 is this normal ?

Back
Top Bottom