lawn mower blennie acting weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beetle101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! I've had a lawn mower blennie for about 6 months. At first he was shy but eventually started cruising and normal blennie behavior. Lately he has retreated, hiding, and at night sleeps at the top of the tank wedged by the filter.

I have since added a watchmen goby and pistol shrimp - bonded and cohabitating nicely ! Also relatively new - my suspicion - is the addition of a small purple reef lobster. The LFS assured me the lobster is peaceful. Was I duped? The blennie is good sized in comparison to the lobster. I have lot of LR to hide.

No other trouble makers in the tank. Thanks for any help!

Hi. My lawnmower alos acts weird too, he hides most of the time but if you look hard you can see him perched under a coral or somewhere else. Wedging between things isnt that unusual either, mine like the mag float. :)

Thanks Carey! I was worried, cuz sometimes i feel when a creature suddenly changes it's behavior - it's stressed. But I'm glad to hear your LMB acts the same.

Back
Top Bottom