lawnmower blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

E249

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone. I just got a lawnmower blenny a little over a week ago. I used to have a tone of hair algea and when I introduced him into the tank I had a fair amout, but a little less than usual because I had done my water change about a week beforehand. Now all the hair algea is gone and I still have algea growing on the sides on the tank, but I see his lip prints all over it. Im wondering if he doesnt have enough food. I usually feed the other fish in the tank flakes, or brine shrimp. He's not gasping or anything( which is a sign of starvation), but I want to do something if i need to before it becomes a problem. I checked the amonia and nitrate levels, the salinity, and the temp. and everything is fine.

It will probably help but find the source of the algae that's the best fix. Because then its gone forever not something your always fighting.

Ya it seems like I have a bunch of brown studded all over the bottom of my tank

I feed my tank a small amount of algae based food every day. My lawnmower will eat anything and everything which probably isn't the best diet for a long life. Mine won't touch an algae sheet to save its life even if I break a little piece off and throw it in the tank he will avoid that as well.

Back
Top Bottom