lawnmower blenny eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
lawnmower blenny

i started my 75 gal commtank up again and its cycled but i have one lawnmower blenny and it looks like its eating but my tank looks too clean for him.i've only had him a day and ahalf and flake food doesnt interest him so now im trying seaweed.my last blenny i had ate everything .any sugestions

feeding lawnmower blenny

i have a 75 gal community tank.its new but cycled and dont have much algae.i have tried seaweed and he hasnt touched it.he eats flake food like crazy.will he be alright eating flaked food?seems like he would eat all day if you gave it to him.its about 4 and ahalf inches long.how often should i feed him?

i bought one of these about a week ago.i finally got him to eat flake food but he doesnt touch the seaweed stripes i have out.my 75 gal is fish only and he is my only one in the tank and its cycled but there isnt any algae for him to eat.i see him always picking on decorations but i cant see any algae yet.he comes to the glass when i go to feed him like he is trained but so far he doesnt touch the seaweed.should i try something else?

Personally, I wouldnt have chosen that fish as a starter. Lawn mower bennies need an established tank with lots to graze on. Mine spends his time nipping at the algae on the live rock, and eats the brown algae off the glass. I'm sure he also eats the tiger pods at night. He's always fat. I put 2 in a few weeks ago. Mistake. The dominant one killed the other for territorial reasons. 120 g tank.

you're right i should have waited till it was months old and the owner of the store knew i was starting over due to something that wiped out all my fish.i got him to eat blood worms,i read you can give that to them in there diet but i would rather have more algae.

lawnmower not eating seaweed

my blenny sits on top of the clip with the seaweed but he will eat flake food like crazy.i no they need algae,i read they will eat frozen silver sides should i try that?im afraid to over feed him flake food

i cant get mine to eat anything but flake food and i was just on a web site and it mentioned they need spirulina in there diet.my flake food with garlic has this in it so am i good to go or will it die?i have had it about a week now and my tank doesnt have algae yet.the pet store should of mentioned this but i guess he just wanted a sale

Just keep doin what your doin until you get some algae growth. Maybe leave your lights on a little longer each day. They seem to be pretty hardy fish.

thanks,i figured if i leave the lights on longer i will start to get algae but this sucker doesnt even eat off the glass anymore,its spoiled lol.it jumps off the cave when i get even close to the glass.it waits for the top to come off and then it goes to the surface.i had a lion fish that did this,its pretty funny

Iv heard there fairly peaceful fish. Iv got a hair algae problem. Normaly my tanks got a fair amount of algae so I figured itd be a good idea to get one. Only problem is iv got two damsels. =\ guessing I shouldn't get one?

this is my second blenny and they got along with all my fish but the damsel.ive had 5 different kinds of damsels and they were all killers.lol ill never buy another one again,or a trigger

Back
Top Bottom