Lazy clown fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeithFrancis

Aquarium Advice Activist
The largest clown I have seems to have taken up the art of laziness!
Lays at the bottom of my tank, just chillin...I noticed his behavior after rescuing 2 more clowns from a neighbor
During an ice storm 2 months ago.
He is other wise healthy and shows no signs of stress? Strange...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391047966.023304.jpg

Ya, it's strange thou he's the only one that does it? Swims with the other three
And then goes back to laying there

He might have a bacterial infection. Even though he does not appear sick later the disease could strike. Try to look into medicines for these types of diseases.

The bigger of my two clowns was doing the exact same thing. She would stay in the bottom corner of the tank and lay on her side all day long. She did have some type of fungal disease in her mouth but once she shook that she can't keep still and swims all around the tank all day

Yea I'm pretty sure that's what's going on with the OP's clown. All I could do with mine was make sure the water quality was in tip top shape. After 2 or 3 weeks she was fine. It was tough watching her go through the infection though

Guys I agree 100% I did a PWC when I got home today and hope this helps;(
My daughter named him McNair when we got him so I hope he comes around and will continue to update

Yeah just keep an eye on him to see if he shows any physical signs of illness and stay on top of your water params

Parameters all good,invertebrates all fine and other fish. I will see if I can post video

Back
Top Bottom