Led Cause issues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A few were beat up. But pretty sure they were getting beat on after the LED were hooked up. I'd love to never have to transfer ALL the fish ever again. How do know the ich is gone by not taking them away from the rock and sand? That was my main concern. The ich would remain.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's been 2 weeks since the DT has been Empty. Just letting it run just minus fish. Now there is long hair algae one thing after the other.

after you installed your leds did you start them off on low power slowly working them up over a few days or did you just turn them on full power , as a instant full power blast would stress even me out yet alone your fish , those leds are strong that maybe freaked out the fish causing the aggression

It's been 2 weeks since the DT has been Empty. Just letting it run just minus fish. Now there is long hair algae one thing after the other.

have you checked your parameters the only reason green hair will grow is if there's a lot of excess nutrients in the tank

a few big water changes will fix that , also are you running your lights while your fish are out of the tank if so shut them down leave the tank dark

Were the fish beat up before but you only noticed it with the brighter lights?

I've beaten Ich before without transferring fish. My fish are pretty big so putting everyone in another tank wasn't an option. I used garlic on food and used voogle which is an immune booster.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
You can't remove it totally from the system with fish still in there. It will definitely still be in your system just the fish now have a level of immunity to it but if one fish gets ill or stressed enough you could well find it rears it's head up again.

I know of another reefer who had not added a single thing to his system in 4 years and all of sudden WS appeard .

I personally think it's in all systems just waiting for a victim no different to the Flu amongst humans the older and weaker you get the more likely you are to get it.

Back
Top Bottom