Led lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this acceptable for clams as well? I am holding out or an LED fixture and want it to be able to take care of a clam

There's a lot of people here on the forums who have LED lights and clams. Some people have issues with bleaching from to much light it seems. Gotta be careful with some of the high powered fixtures.

Yeah...I have 2 ecotech radions above my reef tank. Best market has to offer IMO. And I had a gold maxima clam in my tank...well, still do but it isn't going to make it. They put out a TON of light and I've been turning them down slowly for months. I lost a meteor shower to what I believe is too much light as well. At 50% power I have SPS in my sandbed growing rapidly w/o issue.

Well I just seem some led lights at Wal-mart for like book shelfs and other things and didnt know if it was the same as for an aquarium!!

No, those LEDs wouldn't do anything besides...well, let you read a book under them maybe. The ones for saltwater aquaria have color spectrums covered in them to support coral growth and not algae growth.

Okay good thing I didn't waste 29 dollars for them yet thinking it was the same thing

Back
Top Bottom