Lessons Learned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

all4wheels2

Aquarium Advice Freak
So my first piece of live rock had a mantis and my last fish in the tank just got ich!!

I'm so blessed!

I guess this is why quarantine tanks are important in keeping fish. I seem to be learning all this the hard way.

Luckily I don't have any fish or corals so I'm going to try and drop the salinity and raise the temp for a month in my main display.

And no...I still don't have a quarantine tank :(

i would not raise the temp. it's a waste of time and will only stress the fish. just slowly lower the salinity.

I don't think he has any fish..If you don't have any fish in your DT ATM,,just wait 2 months and the ick will die off without a host..No need to lower the salinity and kill off all your LR and LS...

EDIT: just read your second post ...so you do have fish?
Your first post says "i don't have any fish":lol:??
You'll still be killing your rock and sand along with the ick

*** I'm a girl *** :ermm:

And yes I do have fish. I made a typo in the first post.

I finally setup the QT tank and have all 6 fish in there. Got the SG down to 1.010.

I'm guessing I'm going to be doing ALOT of water changes, since there is no skimmer or good bacteria in this tank :(

It's going to be a long couple of weeks!

*** I'm a girl *** :ermm:

And yes I do have fish. I made a typo in the first post.

I finally setup the QT tank and have all 6 fish in there. Got the SG down to 1.010.

I'm guessing I'm going to be doing ALOT of water changes, since there is no skimmer or good bacteria in this tank :(

It's going to be a long couple of weeks!

Oh,sorry:oops:

You might want to lower it to 1.008 (this the level i always go to)..plus i would leave them in for 3 weeks,then SLOWLY bring the level back up...no more than .01 a day...Keep an eye on your PH too...
What filtration do you have on your QT?

No worries.

I have an AquaClear 20 filter on the QT. I've been adding stability. I got the specific gravity down to 1.009. My pH dropped from 8.0 - 7.8. Hopefully it won't drop anymore - I have some MarcoRocks in there. My ammonia went to .25ppm so I did a 20% water change this morning.

Blue Tang's spots are still visible :( All other fish are spot free, but I'll still leave them in QT just to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom